Banana bread with a touch of rum

I've been neglecting my blog lately, mostly because I've been too lazy to bake and I haven't been able to decide what to bake. Usually, what I decide to bake is dictated by the ingredients in my pantry that need to be used up. In this case, I had a pack of sour cream and some blackening bananas.  (Honestly, why do bananas go bad so quickly?? ) Since I hate wasting food, this banana bread was born...


Banana Bread
adapted from chowhound

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temp
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tbsp rum (estimated...I kind of just poured)
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 350F
  • Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
  • Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
  • Place the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and rum in a bowl and mix til thoroughly combined. You can use a mixer or mix it by hand...just make sure it's well incorporated.
  • Mix the dry and wet ingredients til combined.
  • Pour the batter into the loaf pan until about 4/5 full. The batter is going to rise quite a bit, so make sure not to overfill.
  • Bake for 50, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I had some leftover batter, so I decided to put them into cupcake liners to enjoy in a different form.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin